Sunday, April 10, 2011

Love, Sex and Marriage - Jilted in Love #4 - THE SACRIFICIAL GOAT (Part 3)

Continued from The Best Couple of Years

The Proposals

It had been a couple of months since we had started dating. One fine day, she received a proposal on chat from Manas. They had known each other for a while and I knew he had the hots for her. I was on the phone with her and she was on chat with him. She was giving me live commentary of their chat. He told her that his father thought it was a good idea that they get married. She asked him clearly if it was his or his father’s idea and he told her that it was his father’s. She was clear that she did not want to marry him.

Within six months of us dating, I had asked her several times to marry me. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Father her children. Die in her arms. I gave myself completely to her. She was my priority.

I proposed her, "I want to marry you because you are the first person I want to look at when I wake up in morning and the only one I want to kiss goodnight. The first time I saw these hands, I could not imagine not being able to hold them for the rest of my life. But mainly because when you love someone as much as I love you .... getting married is the only thing left to do. So will you Bambino marry me?"
(LG rambles: Too filmy I say...)

But somewhere she always held back. Proposals started coming for her and we’d discuss them in jest.

Every time a proposal came, I asked her to let me speak with her parents. But she never let me. She cried and asked me not to. I was confused, we were in love with each other but she was not letting me meet her parents. She told me if we wanted to be together then we would have to run away. But I told her that I would never do that. It would be the greatest insult to hurt her family by eloping. As a gentleman, I had in mind to talk to her father and convince him. I believed in myself and us but I don’t think she did. I think she thought that she would fall in her father’s eyes if they knew she was in love and wanted to marry an already married man. She thought they would think that she came between a married couple. Her pride and ego was more important than our love. I was willing to do anything to marry her. But not run away. After all I was a father too. And only want my child to be happy. I explained to her, as a parent, all I wanted was my child to be happy. My son would never be indebted or obligated to me. But for her, she thought it was her duty and obligation towards her parents for having brought her up.

About a year and a half into our relationship we did kind of split up for a month. But the connection and attraction was too strong. We couldn’t be away from each other. We needed each other. And we were together again. I begged her to let me talk to her parents. I had a whole speech prepared for her father. I would meet any and every demand of his. For me, there was nothing greater or more important than spending the rest of my life with her. She was not willing to hear my case. Always insisted that the only way was to elope.

A few months thereafter came the dreaded call from Manas. Again. And this time he spun a whole new story saying that he was in love with her and that he wanted to marry her. A total contrast to what he had said 15-18 months ago, where he too agreed that it was not a good idea getting married. 

And she accepted because... he's a nice guy. (LG rambles: Good for her because you have no Cojones) Without an iota of thought about me, my life, our lives and how I would live without her. Made me wonder how bad a person I was. So bad that she married a person who she didn't want to marry. So bad  that she didn't think it was important enough to discuss with me, though it was my life that was going to be destroyed and changed permanently... for the worse.

And thus began my living nightmare with his dreaded call... 

Click here for the reaction post the call.

Continued on The Beginning of the Ending

No comments:

Post a Comment